Seven

9:40 AM Edit This 12 Comments »

I got tagged by Coconut Girl AND by Malaise for the Seven Odd Facts About You thingy, so here goes.....

1. I was 34 years old when I found out that I'd been wearing bras two sizes too small for many, many years. I always thought I was flat chested. Um, no.
2. I have size 11 feet.
3. Sometimes I secretly wish Gay Boyfriend wasn't gay.
4. Occasionally, I think that recovery is just a crock of shit, but then I go to a meeting anyway.
5. My only goal in life was to get married and be a stay at home mom. You all see how well that turned out, no? I've been trying to find other goals, but no dice. That's still the only thing I want.
6. I have to do the same getting ready routine every single morning, or I get really, really out of sorts. This is how it goes: Say my prayers in bed, go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, feed the cats, go upstairs and have a cigarette and read my daily meditation, come back downstairs, brush my teeth, make my bed, shower (which is another routine), put on most of my clothes, put on makeup, take my medicine, blow dry my hair, put on the rest of my clothes, curl hair, leave. Anything out of that order makes me not have a good day. How this happened? I do not know.
7. I haven't eaten chocolate for almost a year. No idea why.

12 comments:

GreenCanary said...

You and me are very similar. There have been many, many occasions when I forgot to brush my teeth because my toothbrush was not in its assigned location. One thing off of the routine and the whole things goes to pot.

Anonymous said...

No chocolate for a year?

How is that even possible?

Malaise Inc said...

Size 11 feet? Me too! We could share shoes. If I was, like, a chick that is.

t2ed said...

#3? Really not a secret.

[F]oxymoron said...

No chocolate for a year!

CatKrny said...

No chocolate for a year?? How do you even function??? For Pete's sake drink a cafe mocha or something!

saratogajean said...

I eat chocolate by accident all the time.

Sweetly Single said...

My squirted one has a routine in the morning too.... one that is usually disturbed by his morning person mom who moves something out of place just to hear him growl LOL.

Anonymous said...

I also want to get married and be a stay-at-home mom. It's not working out for me, either.

And, yeah, t2ed is right: that one about Gay Boyfriend is no shocker.

Anonymous said...

what is up with all of us wearing the wrong bra size? i also learned i am not flat chested - weird.

Anonymous said...

For years I thought I was the only girl who wasn't into chocolate. It's okay because my hubby is a huge chocoholic. So the universe is back in order or something. Glad to know I'm not alone - or at least I'm not the only one who goes without eating chocolate weekly.

Also? I always wanted to have a large family (4-6 kids minimum) with one parent at home(preferably him and I would have some high fancy powered job). Well, I just turned 32, the hubby is 38 and we have no kids and no plans for kids (he's not sure he wants them). Makes me a little sad. But instead I pretend our dogs and cats are our kids and make them call me "mommy."

wstachour said...

I'm also a creature of routine and habit, but you & Canary have me beat pretty soundly. Still, I like to do the same things at the same times on days when that's possible.

I think the two-sizes-too-small bra thing is cool. Not to be icky about it. But it's cool.

I'm going to Weight Watchers. Is there any similarity there to AA? I think in both cases the act of going out of your way to attend a meeting is a means of keeping your head in the game.