My Agenda

7:55 AM Edit This 22 Comments »
I got an interesting email from a reader yesterday and because of that, I'd like to clarify something about my blog.

There is no hidden meaning. I'm not trying to tell you something in code. I do not take the time to craft and hone my posts. What I think simply comes out my fingers. Sometimes I take the paths through my brain late at night which should not be walked alone, but I do it anyway because I'm melodramatic like that and those things show up on here as well.

Call it the vomit blog. You know, that hot faced feeling and watery mouth right before you spew? It's like that. I have a compulsion to say something, so I say it. Simple. Kind of like when Miss M gave me a knife set for Christmas because I was lamenting the state of what I owned and she couldn't help but say, "These are not going to be used to slice up your arms, right?" Because it had to be said.

And I would like to apologize to anyone who thought otherwise, but I write for me. Not for some agenda. Not to get you to stop drinking or hate the church. For me. It really is that simple.

And I would like to state for the record that I had a glorious night's sleep last night. GLORIOUS. I would like ten more of those in a row pleaseandthankyouverymuch.

22 comments:

[F]oxymoron said...

Write On!

Sweetly Single said...

aww ~throws away the translator~

BrianAlt said...

Don't apologize.

carrster said...

interesting.....

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

You're far too kind. Know what I would say to that kind of emailer? Bug off. This is my blog. And I get to write what I want. Agenda or not. With that said, I love every piece of your blog and only hope you'll keep staying true to you!

f.B said...

You don't need a meaning, or a point, or a code. And even though you write for you, a bunch of us like coming along for the ride.

Daisee579 said...

See, all along I thought I wasn't special enough to receive my decoder ring in the mail. Glad to know I'm special all by myself :)

Hopefully folks understand you blog for you and as a means to help you traverse this life. We read for entertainment, inspiration, envy, etc.

Bob said...

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder if it was the same goober who emailed me awhile back and accused me of having a hidden agenda...

Weird. Blog on.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cool if you did write in "code" to someone, like the Cuban embassy or something? Like Agent 99 or something.

Sparkling Red said...

Who has time to come up with hidden agendas? That seems like way too much effort. I guess the commenter who has a conspiracy theory has time on their hands to spare.

JoLee said...

And I was THIS close to giving up drinking and turning my back on the Catholic Church. That's it, I'm not reading anymore.

Valerie said...

I read in the comments on Live It Love It that your blog is perfect ;) So far I can't dissagree

G said...

I'm really bad with codes. I like the way you express your thoughts. Refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Lol, I agree with Jolee!

Twinkie said...

uh... you mean you're NOT here to change My world? I'm devastated!

*kidding*

O'Mama said...

Puts down hair dryer and bowling ball... Geez, thought I had my instructions from your blog *down*

Keep up your vomit blog; it's fabulous.

Captain Crab said...

Well said! Your agenda is about as hidden as mine!

Anonymous said...

It is much more appropriate for YOU to refer to your own blog as a "vomit blog". It really takes on a different meaning if one if us says that to you.

I am new-ish here. Write away...leave the vomit to us!

GreenCanary said...

My Katey-did, you make me want to be a better person. And for the record, I TOTALLY have an agenda when I tell you that. (It's to woo you and get you in the sack *wink wink*)

err said...

This emailer clearly has some unresolved mental issues and too much time on their hands!

E said...

Sleep tight...:)