180

10:02 PM Edit This 11 Comments »
I went dancing, dancing, dancing tonight! Salsa is SEXY! And it makes me feel sexy, too. I won the prize for bringing the most new people today. I'm pretty sure they're all coming back.

And I may or may not have a coffee date tomorrow night with someone I think is very interesting. He is going to teach me the wiles of interpersonal communication - i.e. FLIRTING. Whatever THAT is. Either that or we'll just drink way too much coffee, smoke way too much and laugh until our sides hurt.

So there. Showing up for life has it's advantages. Every time I get sucked into that desire to hide, I show up anyway. And usually? It seems to turn itself around. The bad thoughts snowball sometimes, but the good thoughts do, too. I'm glad that even in the dark times, I don't forget that. And when I do, someone's always there to remind me.

11 comments:

Dingo said...

You have to write about all the flirting pointers you get. Maybe you can have a on the job training coffee date. He can give you pointers and you can try them out on others in the coffee shop.

Mr. Condescending said...

Flirting is one of the great joys of life!

Allie said...

Have a wonderful time on your coffee date! Sounds like it will be fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I don't remember how to flirt anymore. I used to be pretty good at it.

BrianAlt said...

Yay! Much better!

buffalodick said...

A little flirting is good for your self-esteem!

Sweetly Single said...

CONGRATS.....You won half the battle!

Have fun at coffee

restaurant refugee said...

Sometimes showing up means staying away, sometimes it means digging real deep just to place one foot in front of the other. Just keep showing up and living out loud.

Have fun on your date.

melissalion said...

Is this a date? Remember to PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR. I understand this to be a form of flirting.

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em tiger!

Twinkie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA... I love the dancing version of you!

me=jealous. no ounce of rythm in my bones. Not that it stops me from trying but good lord..... not a pretty sight.