Happy Feet Friday

1:04 PM Edit This 11 Comments »
Not my feet today, but feets from around the world! The Good Doctor finally showed me pictures from his trip to India and Pakistan. This is a farmer's market in Pakistan in February. Check it out! Donkey-pulled cauliflower. The market stands and stalls.
How 'bout them potatoes? And onions, too. And here, I'll shout at you while I'm eating a tomato from my neighbor!
Have you ever seen such piles of lucious fruit?
Beans, anyone? Or are they huge sugar snap peas? I have no idea!
Just look at all of it!
Isn't it amazing? And he said that by the end of the day, all the food is gone. All of it! And they haggle over prices and shout at you to come look at their wares. He said it's a total madhouse of controlled insanity and people love it! I was blown away. That looks nothing like our calm little farmer's markets around here.

In the news of MY feet, I got to go back to the gym yesterday and I walked a leisurely 2 miles before getting worn out and then? THEN, I took the next big and brave step and signed up for someone to show me how to do the circuit weight machines. Booyah for me!



11 comments:

justme said...

wooo hooo!

first off, these pictures are great. just amazing and so beautiful. the whole process would be facinating, i think.

secondly, great job on getting back to the gym so fast AND to start your weight machine process! i'm back on them myself...just not doing legs and such for now!

BrianAlt said...

Soybeans?

Yay for working out!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and then you need to come to Portland and show me how to work the circuit weight machines. And by that, I mean eat lunch and gossip about stuff.

Those pics are awesome!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I always find travel to less popular countries so very fascinating. Though, I don't think I could ever go to places like that and consider it vacation.

Rebecca said...

All those fruits and veggies look so delicious, I'm now hungry!

The Good Cook said...

That market looks incredible! And all of that produce gone by day's end? That's why obesity is not a problem in other parts of the world!!

Circuit Machines - You Go Girl!! Sometimes a little break from it all is just what a body needs to get remotivated and shake things up!

Sparkling Red said...

The abundance of fresh food is beautiful. Does not compare to a western supermarket. Not even close.

Allie said...

Go you! That's such a great step to take!

Spilling Ink said...

I want to go to there.

Anonymous said...

amazing pictures...i loves me some fresh vegetables and fruits....

dinner last night was raw celery, raw carrot, cucumber salad, flat bread and hummus ha ha...

and yes, "booyah" for you!

artemisia said...

Oh, I LOVE India. I would go back in an instant. Weird, yes? I never had one moment of anxiety when I was there for three weeks. WEIRD.

Also? Your description of controlled insanity is SPOT ON. Lordy.

Yay for you and the gym! I am going to run (er, walk fast) on the treadmill on Monday - in honor of you!. No, really!