Wanting and Waiting

10:59 AM Edit This 8 Comments »
I was driving to Miss M's house this morning for coffee and I saw all these bikes in the parking lot of the fitness center at the local college. I wondered what was going on. And then two blocks later, as I was stopped at a stoplight, I saw people with numbers. Running.

People with numbers pinned to their shirts and running. They were doing a triathalon! And I got all excited! Because I want to be one of those people with numbers pinned to her shirt. I couldn't WAIT to get to Miss M's house to tell her what I had seen.

I know I'm nowhere near ready to run that illusive 5K that I've been working toward, but the thrill I felt, just watching them run, knowing that someday, it might be me? Made me all kinds of happy.

And now that I'm sitting in my office, waiting for my 11 a.m. client, knowing that the gym is a mere hour away, I feel defeated. Why is that? That's so dumb.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

You'll get on our treadmmill and you'll do great. Keep at it !!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lovely goal dear lady...

smiles,
todd

Mel said...

You can do it!!

buffalodick said...

When I used to jog a lot, I thought people who didn't were idiots..Now I don't jog- and think people who do are idiots.. Get it?

Anonymous said...

Not dumb. If its anything like me, then it might be because you caught a glorious, breathtaking glimpse of exactly what you wanted, and then had to come back to the life as it is now, and at that moment, what you want seems so far away.

If that is it, I'm sorry to say that I have not a bit of advice for you as I'm trying to figure out how to not let that happen myself.

BrianAlt said...

Played softball on Sunday and went 4-4 in the first game and hit the ball HARD!

This fitness stuff is working!

Kim said...

Believe me, when you do run that 5K and get to wear that bib and have a crowd cheering you on, it will be every bit as exciting as you think it is! :)

I hate when I have to wait to go tot he gym. And I hated when I was injured and saw people exercising and couldn't. You'll get there!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Why not sign up for a 5K somewhere in the future. And even if you can't run the whole thing, combine walking and running until you finish. It's addictive and really does make you feel great!