Happy Feet Friday

3:20 PM Edit This 9 Comments »
My feet are not happy, but they do have a diagnosis. I was not able to run on Thursday at all. I ran around the track once and it hurt too much to keep going. I was seriously crying in the car when I left. I had no idea how much I was looking forward to running until I couldn't do it. I was grouchy all night! And even though I was, it cracks me up today. Because seriously? Five months ago, I would never have thought I'd be crying over not being able to run.
 
The doctor did some x-rays to rule out a stress fracture and because of where he pushed and prodded and manipulated and when I shrieked, he has determined that I have a pulled achilles tendon. I'm getting anti-inflammatories and have the go-ahead to walk after two days and then maybe jog after two weeks if it feels better. No hills and no sprints. But at least I have a plan!

9 comments:

TMC said...

I think a diagnosis always helps.

Shelley said...

Well, good...that's not so bad! You know, hills and speed work (sprints) leave my legs really, really sore. I'm almost thinking that they are not worth the pain. So to me, it's cool that the doctor says you shouldn't be doing them! Now, just follow the plan and you'll be back to running in no time. :)

artemisia said...

Yay to a plan, but booo that you need one. Hope you feel better soon!

Neil Zee said...

It was the hills... too bad, you seemed to like them. Next time, less vigor, just get a feel for them... like them first, then love.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Sending healing energy...

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

Yikes! I hope you heal quickly.

Kim said...

You poor thing! I totally understand the sadness of not being able to run. I am happy to hear they think you will be up and running (pun, ha ha) in two weeks!

Lemon Gloria said...

Oh, yuck. That's terrible news. I'm sorry about that.

Listen, I have an idea. Push-ups and crunches. You seem like you're happy when you have a goal to work towards. Decide how many you want to work up to, and start. It'll be very satisfying, I think.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Two weeks isn't too bad. I'm glad that you got it checked out though. Better to know what is going on then to keep walking/running on it and injure yourself further.