Happy Feet Friday

9:11 AM Posted In Edit This 8 Comments »
I made it through my first week of work at my new job and I am LOVING it! I have the feeling it's only going to get better and better as time goes by. I was telling New Life Mom last night that I can't remember the last time I was this excited about my employment. I think the job I enjoyed this much in the past was in North Carolina - seven years ago. Doing the same kind of work, only with little children. Obviously, this is a good fit for me. I'm so grateful. So, so grateful.

The only negative so far is that because I'm working both jobs at the moment, I'm not able to get to the gym for three days in a row. Even if I did manage to get up early to go some morning, the 12 hour days are long enough. So - two more weeks of that, and then I'll be able to seriously start training for my 5 miler in March. None too soon, right?! I'm going to have to push it for that six weeks if I'm going to feel confident for that race. But I'm up for it! At least that's what I tell myself, right?

So internet? Carry on. Because if all these awesome things can happen to me, it just proves that The Universe has good ideas for all of us sometimes.

8 comments:

Sara said...

So happy for you Kate! 2011 is going to be a great year for you. Life can change so quickly - glad yours is changing for the better!

Rebecca said...

Yippie skippie!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! And you'll get back to the gym. No prob.

Jen said...

You go Kate, rock that job! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely News Kate! happy for you!
hugs,
todd

Shelley said...

So happy for you, Kate! And you will rock that 5 mile run, no problem. :)

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

I cannot say enough how inspiring and encouraging it is to follow along your journey.

Lemon Gloria said...

You deserve all good things, Kate. It's wonderful to hear you so very happy and excited!