I'm Back?

5:35 PM Edit This 9 Comments »
I've been gone. I don't quite know where I've been. I hit a rough patch right about March and never quite seemed to come out of it. But, I'm coming back. And it feels much better. I'm taking two classes right now, so mostly I just feel like I work, I read, I take tests, and I sleep. I grounded myself from Facebook last night until I got my homework done. At least I still have that persona in me, right? But these are also the only two classes I have to take in order to test for my certification - which is why I opted to do them the same semester.

Lots has happened since I last posted. Did I tell you there is going to be another Baby Z? Did I tell you that Dog Girl and Boy are having a baby? Did I tell you about my sister's wedding? (I know I didn't. That was the last post I did. Telling you it was coming.) Munchkin Number 3 is walking. He crawled for about three months and then pulled himself up. It's all over now. Did you know that the garden is done and there are many bags of frozen green beans in the freezer and that mystery pasta sauce is still awesome? Did I tell you that the leaves are falling and that it's dark when I leave work on Tuesday and Thursday nights now? Sigh. So much to say, but so little at the same time. Those dark places leave me kind of blank and empty.

But. I celebrated Halloween this year. I didn't dress up. Not really. Cowgirl, Dirty Ben, ZBear, and Munchkins 1 and 2 did this.
And I did THIS. So they could do THAT. ZBear felt sorry for me at one point and put a bloody handprint on my face so I could participate in the Sioux Falls Zombie Walk, which apparently made national news. Cowgirl and Dirty Ben's team won the group costume contest.
And me? I just won being myself by being happy and content with life today.

9 comments:

The Good Cook said...

Welcome back. I have been away from the blog-a-sphere for a bit too. It happens. Life happens. And then it doesn't.

There is a Zombie Walk in Asbury Park, NJ every year - it is the largest in the country - thousands of Zombie's and this year a [real, legal] Zombie wedding on the boardwalk. Google It. Creepy, yet oh so cool!

Linda

Shelley said...

Good to hear from you, Kate - and it seems like life is looking a bit better for you, which makes me happy.

My gosh that baby has gotten big! Why do they grow so fast?!?

Rebecca said...

Oh my word. The baby has gotten so big~

Good to hear from you again!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again, Kate. Missed you.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I've missed your writing in this space. But, I understand when you have to take a step back to regroup. We all need to do that from time to time. I'm just glad you're now at a place where you're writing (here) again.

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Yay for you being back! We've missed you.

Anonymous said...

missed you SO much. so glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're back. Zombie walks are all the rage, but you know what's cooler? Hanging out with sweet kiddos on Halloween.

Unknown said...

Glad your back. I need someone to ground me from Facebook. Seriously.