Progress!

9:44 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I did it! I went to the gym before work this morning! Since I joined, I've been going to classes mostly. I hate cardio. It's SO boring to me, even with good music. But I did thirty minutes worth on the treadmill this morning, and I'm very proud of myself. I even did some sit-ups last night while I was watching tv. I decided to change two things in the next two weeks. First, five 30 minute sessions of cardio and second - making sure I eat breakfast. I will reassess the situation in two weeks and see if I can do more or just stick with these two for another two weeks. I've never been particularly fit. I've been skinny and I've been active, but never what I would consider "fit." I have to start somewhere and this is where I'm at. I was remembering other attempts at exercising and eating right, and I always did too much too fast and got frustrated too soon. I figure if I make two changes in two weeks and see how it goes, I might be more willing to stick with it. I'll keep you updated.

About psycho ex-roommate? I think I might be okay. I prayed about it alot. Asked God to remove the fear of running into her and to direct my attention to helping others and I immediately felt relief. If I just keep doing the program as it's outlined in the book and continue to go to meetings, meet with my sponsor and stay as honest as possible, I think I'll make it through this particular challenge. As with any other challenge I've come up against the last year, I have faith that it will go better if I stick with the basics of the program and make sure my side of the street stays clean. That's all good and dandy tonight, don't know what might actually happen when I run into her, but I can hope for the best and leave it at that. Worrying about seeing her is the last thing I want to keep me up at night. I've got more important things to fret about. (Like committing to going to the gym tomorrow instead of pushing snooze!)

2 comments:

Shania said...

Good for you! Two changes a week, huh? I might be able to do that.

GreenCanary said...

I wish you lived in Maryland. I would make you my Eternal Buddy Forever and Ever Amen.