VACATION!

9:57 PM Edit This 7 Comments »
Here's the short and quick version.
M and T got married. Gay Boyfriend and I made the cake. I feel it is a masterpiece and I should get total credit for it's beauty.
Family vacation was awesome. I got a little irritated with my mom, went to a couple of meetings while I was there and for the first time, managed to relax and enjoy it. Not having to go to my room and slug a bunch of vodka to get through it? Priceless.Going to visit Carrie? There's no words for it. That's a true friend - someone you can connect with no matter the time that has passed in between seeing each other face to face. And her daughter? Um.... I could gobble her up. She's absolutely precious (which is a word that sounds so trite, but so very, very right.) and getting to hold her and hug her and kiss her and feed her? Made every moment of my life worth living!

7 comments:

feisty said...

love the idea of lounging on a floatie in the middle of a Lake. sounds like a great trip!

Anonymous said...

oh to be warm and floating on a lake! that looks fantastic. you SERIOUSLY made that cake? i am amazed! and finally... what a gift, that little baby girl. that's how i feel with my niece. exactly.

E said...

Bravo. Family visits are always complicated. You just made yours a whole lot simpler....

GreenCanary said...

Look at those blue eyes! I could chew on that child's cheeks.

Malaise Inc said...

Umm, are they cutting that cake in their underwear?

Sweetly Single said...

It looks like an amazing trip. You have some really awesome talent!! :)

carrster said...

Awww Kate - ditto. I'm so glad you came here. I enjoyed hearing all about your life and seeing the pics and all that. :) Come back soon!! Dahlia's cheeks are always available for nibbling - well, she'll probably cut me off in a few years but for now - ha!