Happy Feet Friday

8:21 AM Edit This 9 Comments »
No loving socks today. None of them matched. But these are my favorite shoes. And PLEASE notice that these jeans are long. Like, too long! That never happens to tall girls like me!

Now, for the good stuff. I walked out of work last night to a flat tire. Good thing my co-worker noticed, because it was on the rear passenger side and knowing me, even if I had started to drive away and heard or felt something bad, I would have been too freaked out to stop and look. I'm a complete dork like that.

But here's the cool thing. Instead of melting into a pile of sobbing girliness, I whipped out my phone, called my friend Bob who came within ten minutes and he and his son put on my spare, called the tire place to make sure it was still open and sent me on my way. I took charge, people! I may not know how to change a tire, but I have friends. Good, good friends who will use this for joking fodder at some point in my life and I'm very okay with that today. This is one of those situations that would have sent me home in tears because I don't have a husband around to take care of it for me. Well, for today (or yesterday) I'm good with that because there's awesome men out there that will help me just because I'm worth helping.

So there.

9 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Yay for taking charge!

Malaise Inc said...

And you didn't even need to show them your t...,uh, never mind.

rachaelgking said...

Ugh... yet another reason I'm so, so glad I no longer own a car. I don't think I would have been as level-headed!

Anonymous said...

I once had to ask my new boss ON MY FIRST DAY OF WORK for a jump because I'd left my lights on all day. Gee, not embarrassing at all!! But good for you for feeling good and remembering that you ARE worth it :)

Sweetly Single said...

Awesome shoes! I'm looking for a pair like that.... where did you find them?

I have a pair of jeans that look exactly like that.... are you stalking me while shopping or something?

and ..... YAAAAAY you for being in charge.

Kate said...

Those are Merrell's.

GreenCanary said...

I have a friend that swears by AAA. I prefer to stick out my lower lip and cry a little. Never fails to bring help.

feisty said...

practical, and stylish!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Please send me their number.