Blogger Was Broken

8:43 PM Edit This 12 Comments »
So, I didn't get to show you all the neato things I did this weekend because of stupid Blogger. It was broken and it was a nationwide problem for select individuals, which I found out in chat rooms. That's a good thing, because the last time the Internet wasn't working, I was convinced I had some sort of virus and I was deleting cookies and programs and all kinds of crap from my computer - certain it was me. This time? I looked. It was not me. I shut off my computer and walked away. Thank goodness. So here's the weekend in pictures.

Inspired by Nilsa, I made a sun dress. I am awesome.
And my garden? Well, it wouldn't be a recapped weekend post if I didn't write about my garden. Look at it! Everything is in now. Tomatoes, peppers and onions were the last bit. Nothing else goes in. Unless I find some red salvia for the front because those flowers look so, so pretty against the green of the garden.
Can you believe it was just dirt a few weeks ago? And I never posted about the lima beans and the spaghetti squash. The lima bean trellis is quite uninspired, but it started with a piece of wood from Cowgirl's barn and then I nailed sticks to it. The spaghetti squash has been relegated to the "Time out" chair that we keep in the backyard. Gay Boyfriend wanted to use it for kindling. I had different ideas.
I thought I'd take some pictures from the perspective of my anthropomorphic plants. The lima beans see this and want to climb.
The spaghetti squash see this and want a seat.
The butternut and summer squash see heights they want to attain.
The peas have almost reached the top!
The green beans? They have a ways to go, but they finally put out their climbing vines and are seeking the trellis.
I had a birthday party for Miss M. on Sunday night. At one point, there were about 40 people in our backyard. But my friends come and go. They know it's a casual thing and by 9:30, there were five of us and by 9:45 , everyone was gone and I had the dishes to wash and done. We are not late night souls.
And to top it all off, I was thinking I was getting really bad news at my job this morning, but it turned out to be really GOOD news, so my stupid worrying brain can take a rest for a few days now.
*edit* apparently people want to know what my news is. Here it is in a nutshell. I thought they were going to announce that The Good Doctor was retiring and I was going to be unemployed, living on the streets and digging through dumpsters. Instead, I got a new director whom I like and he and I visited yesterday and I told him I wanted to work on figuring out where to go from here - like actually use my brain and he was all, "Yes! Let's visit about your future!" And that made me happy.

12 comments:

Jen said...

You too made a dress?! OMG you guys rock. I don't think I could make a dress to save my life.
Love the pictures from the plant's perspective :)

carrster said...

Awesome!! I think your garden Is fantastastic. I love the POV shots.

Lovely dress too! You are kicking some major productivity ass, girl!

Stupid blogger wouldn't let me post all the comments I tried to post either but I'm too lazy/tired to try to figure out what/who those were to again. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

Oh you know I want to know your news. I always expect bad news. My stomach gets in knots. It's the anxiety. WHY CAN'T WE BE OPTIMISTS? I am speaking for you too, sorry.

Awesome dress, lady!

buffalodick said...

Blogger was acting up most of the day for me also..

GreenCanary said...

I WANT TO KNOW THE NEWS! Tell me the news, yo. DO IT.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Look at that sundress - I love the design (and the material)! Did you make it from a pattern or fly by the seat of your pants?

Also, great news about work - very exciting.

Oh and we have purple salvia in our front yard. We love it - it grows so high we finally had to tie it to stakes because it was falling all over the flowers in front of it!

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

You ARE awesome! I smiled all the way through this post.

Sparkling Red said...

I love the sundress. Nice sewing!

And I love the Plant's Eye View photos. So cool! The Time Out chair is perfect for its new life purpose.

The Good Cook said...

The garden is looking beautiful!! I'm so jealous - how do you keep it so weed free? I am just getting ready to go out and weed my tomato patch and I have weed-free envy...

Love the dress.

The party? LOL.. I go to bed at 9:30, so by your clock I would have been in bed while the party was still going.. sigh.

The new director? Make him make good on that "future" conversation.

Now I'm off to weed!!!

BrianAlt said...

I LOVE your pictures. :-)

Thanks for the smiles.

Suburban Sweetheart said...

You MADE a dress? Wildly impressive. And what a great garden! Summerwin.

Anonymous said...

'like actually use my brain and he was all, "Yes! Let's visit about your future!" And that made me happy.'

the best quote for the day....
love it!