And Another One...

9:08 AM Edit This 7 Comments »
So, I was driving past The Dead Guy's dad's house last weekend and noticed it was for sale. I thought that was quite odd, really. And for some reason, after a few days, it occured to me to look at the obituaries. And sure enough, he died back in May.

Sigh.

I sobbed for a bit at my desk. It really took me by surprise. And even though we hadn't talked for awhile, he was my link. He treated me like a daughter. He loved me very much. As I did him.

I know that people lose the ones they love all the time. I know it's part of life. But I didn't know that each successive one would make me feel more and more empty. I will miss him.

7 comments:

buffalodick said...

Wait until you are older, and lose someone you knew almost every week...

The Good Cook said...

Oh how sad. Can you look at one bright light? I'm sure he was missing his son everyday. Somewhere in this great universe they are together. Pain free, healthy, happy, at peace.

Sparkling Red said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I think it's one thing for you to let go of your past and an entirely different beast when your past is taken from you. I'm sure hearing of this passing was another painful reminder that we don't have complete control of what happens around us. I'm sorry for your loss.

artemisia said...

I am sorry, Kate.

Spilling Ink said...

I am sorry Kate. You've been coping with a lot of loss.

Rebecca said...

((hugs))