Sassy in the Snow

8:53 AM Edit This 7 Comments »
Hello!!! Hellloooooo, Internet! First off, it's Monday. And it's snowing and raining and it's supposed to do that nonsense all week. BUT, I have chosen to embrace it because April showers will make my garden happy, and bad weather aside, it's sandal season. I care not about my cold toes. My toenails are red and sassy and that should tell The Universe to bring me some sunshine.

Second, I did NOT go see the baby this weekend. All day on Friday, I fretted and worried and was miserably sick to my stomach over it. It started snowing and then it rained and then it was pelting ice chunks at my window. I perused doppler radar and checked all kinds of internet weather predictors and well? It wasn't THAT BAD, right? I felt horrible that I was even trying to get out of it. But in the end I just decided, no. No. And no matter how sad that made me, the relief was palpable. But get this? There was A HORRIBLE PEOPLE DIED ACCIDENT on the interstate RIGHT AT THE TIME I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE that night. Um, hello Universe? Thank you. Thank you for making me sick to my stomach over the weather.

Third, I have no idea what switch went on in my brain again, but I'm back on track. Goofy and sassy as ever.

Fourth, I have taken up the word sassy. I think it suits me. Weird. I never felt sassy before in my life. Sassy. Sassy. Sassy.

7 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

Bring on the sassy! *wiggles freshly painted pink toenails in your general direction*

Anonymous said...

Really? I have always thought of you as sassy.

Shelley said...

Sweet sassy molassy, Kate's back! :)

carrster said...

Yay! I love sassy! I'm also very glad that the universe told you to stay home.

Jen said...

You go, you sassy you! ;)

Lemon Gloria said...

I definitely think sassy suits you! Sass away, Kate!

As for the accident, oh, those kinds of thoughts give me chills.

The Good Cook said...

I think Sassy is a good place to be. Happy Easter Kate. Happy Spring. I just got back from New Orleans.. I'll post about a bittersweet journey back in time.. but in the meantime, Have a very SASSY EASTER.

L.