Happy Feet Friday

7:51 AM Edit This 11 Comments »
Look! Blue ones! And white ones, too!
These were taken in the dark of night. Ha! My outdoor "office" closes at 8:15 p.m. these days. I sit on the swing with my phone and my books, magazines, projects and the like until I can't see anymore and then I give up and go inside. Whee! Pretty soon, I'll be able to stay out until 9 p.m!

I have serious Spring Cleaning planned for this weekend. And that means EVERYTHING! Rugs rolled up and floors vaccuumed underneath, curtains washed, walls wiped down (Gay Boyfriend used some icky paint down there and it "leaks" something weird and looks all stripey) cupboards cleaned out and wiped clean, refrigerator spills from December cleaned up, books dusted clean, clean, clean. The cats will most likely hide under the bed for the duration. Until I go in there and move it. Ha!

Or not. I always have vast illusions of cleaning insanity. But at least some of it will get done.

I ran again last night. My broken leg doesn't like it very much, but I've been assured that the impact of the running makes the bones stronger. Anyone want to weigh in on that? But I knew I pushed it that last minute I ran because when I went back to walking, I was limping. And that's not good. If there's anything I learned in Physical Therapy when they taught me how to walk again - it's that I should be listening very carefully to make sure my footfalls are even. That's why it's so important for me to listen to music when I walk/run. It helps me with that. And my current favorite running song? Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. It's perfect for how fast I'm going right now. 5.2. Whee for me!

11 comments:

carrster said...

I love your toes!

buffalodick said...

Good to see your feet without snow on them!

Rebecca said...

While jumping is bad for your skin, it's great for your bones, so the hard impacts from running (while also bad on your joints) are very good for your bones.

artemisia said...

Good job with the running. I am so sad; our entire pasture has been covered with six inches of heavy spring snow. No little flowers for us just yet.

I would loooove to clean. But I MUST stay chained to this damn computer with The Thesis crap. Bah.

Enjoy!

Sparkling Red said...

I looked up the tune on YouTube. That's some kick-ass running music.

The Good Cook said...

I'm going to have to check out that tune, I'm always looking for something new to move to. Springsteen has been a favorite for years... time to try something new. And cleaning, perish the thought!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I'm about to run soon... I GOT NEW RUNNING SHOES! So excited.

Anonymous said...

Yes, running does make for stronger bones. I limp sometimes too. My leg gets tired, I'm tired, whatever. It happens. Our bodies are not perfect, we're not symmetrical. Sometimes things aren't great, but exercising helps for sure.

Rock that running. And the turkey.

lacochran said...

We spring cleaned several of our junk drawers. I guess it says something that we have several. And that we didn't clean them all. :) I'm happy with the progress we made.

justme said...

you are AWESOME!!!! 5.2 is great!

nakedpastor said...

sorry. it's the slippers or sandals i notice. ;)