Breathy Bread

8:53 AM Posted In , , Edit This 7 Comments »
I am experimenting with bread. The Good Doctor got a new bread machine and gave me his old one. Of course, he wants to tell me how to make "his" bread, but I'm stubborn and I like to experiment. The first loaf was hard as a brick. I used all whole wheat flour and flax seed meal. Hahahaha. Yeah. Rock solid. Last night's was a bit better. Mostly white flour and a smaller mix of whole wheat and oatmeal. It's a little fall-aparty, but it's much, much better. Will try again in a few days. I have to eat this one. I am in need of a houseful of people to eat my creations. Sigh.

Remember last week, when I told you I have this new exciting thing that I'm exploring career wise? Well, I have my first meeting tonight. It has to do with research and writing and you all know I love THAT. Too bad it's not about The Bubonic Plague, because then I wouldn't have to do any research at ALL! Anyone care to throw a new disease out there for me to play around with? You know that's my favorite thing ever. Anywho, I'll let you know how it goes.

That also means that I can't run with the runner's club tonight. *Sulk* It will be me on a treadmill later on. Blech. But guess what? I think I found out what the breathing problems are all about. My Recovery Dad told me last night that his asthma and breathing are out of CONTROL right now because of the super high pollen counts and the dust and he says that he rarely goes outside this time of year because it just means one asthma attack after another. Um. Yeah. I guess I'll be running inside until it freezes.

And I'm over here today, talking about the elusive MILE.

7 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Bread ios one of those thing sthat seems like such a mystery until you get it down, and then you wonder what was so difficult way back when. Persevers, and in no time you'll be a pro.

Anonymous said...

Homemade bread = best thing ever. Plus it makes you superior.

Sparkling Red said...

There was a time several years ago when I had two friends who all got into homemade bread. I wasn't that keen on their creations. They always tasted too yeasty to me. But really good, fresh gourmet bread is a thing of sensory beauty. I would eat a whole loaf if it would fit in my stomach.

Shelley said...

Nothing like homemade bread - which is why, actually, I'm glad I don't own a bread machine...I'd gain all my weight back! And luckily for me, I never can proof yeast correctly - I end up killing it and make brick-like bread, so I don't even try anymore. That sammie looks great!

Good to know about the air pollution - see, it's not really you! Hope you enjoy your meeting but I'm sorry you're missing running club.

Chris K said...

Warm homemade bread...MMMMMMMMMM Nice job on getting all the treadmill after missing a more fun run.

The Good Cook said...

I'll send you some awesome bread recipes. Whole wheat, rye, cracked oat with honey. I love making bread.

Dermatomyostitis. Big day today at the attorney.

Jen said...

Look at you making bread, yum!